Do you love a good grilled cheese sandwich? If so, you’re in for a treat! We are honored to show you how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.
It’s time to get cheesy! Sandwiches are a delicious comfort food that’s easy to make. But there’s an art to making the perfect grilled cheese, and we’re here to share our secrets.
We’ll take you step-by-step through the process of making the most perfect sandwich ever. So grab some bread, cheese, and a frying pan, and let’s start! It’s about to get cheesy up in here!
The Way on How to Make Grilled Cheese
You’ll need the following items to make the ideal grilled cheese sandwich:
- 2 oz. sliced melted cheese
- Two slices of bread.
- One tablespoon of fat
Here are our finest recommendations and techniques for making grilled cheese, such as how to choose the best-grilled cheese bread, what kind of cheese to use, and whether to use mayo or butter.
Top Grilled Cheese Bread
Sliced white bread is a standard, but using different breads can give your grilled cheese more taste and texture.
Try a hearty sourdough, multi-grain loaf, fluffy potato bread, or brioche, or venture into sweet-savory land with challah or cinnamon raisin.
Avoid airy breads like holey sourdough or focaccia, as your cheese will leak through and even burn in the pan.
Which Cheese for Grilled Cheese?
One of the fundamental components of perfect grilled cheese is the desirable stretchy cheese pull. It makes it logical to use good melting cheeses.
Classic grilled cheese options include American, sharp cheddar, and Swiss, but it’s also fascinating to experiment with melting cheeses with unique flavors and textures, like fiery Pepper Jack, creamy Provolone, or nutty Gruyere.
Save hard or aged cheeses like Parmesan and Manchego for your next cheese board, and use feta and goat cheese to top salads or spaghetti.
- The Best Birria Tacos Recipes to Try
- How to Grow Spinach: 4 Easy Steps
- What Is Enchiladas? Origin and Recipe
- McDonald’s Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel Near Me
Must You Slice or Grate the Cheese?
We choose sliced cheese because it provides a level covering and excellent meltiness if you start with uniformly thick slices.
However, there are certain advantages to shredding. It melts faster than sliced cheese, ensuring that all of the cheese melts before the bread is fully toasted.
Make sure to evenly distribute the shredded cheese and catch any stray pieces that protrude out the sides (unless you want crunchy bits).
You can also elect to add a bit of softened butter to bind the grated cheese and produce a spread, all the better to confine the cheese between the bread.
Pick Your Fat Precisely
As with many grilled dishes, a slick of fat on the outside of the sandwich produces a crisp, golden finish. Butter is a tried-and-true option, but we also like mayonnaise, which provides a nice acidity.
Mayo has a greater smoke point than butter, ensuring that the bread turns golden brown and crisp without burning.
Mayo will also make the sandwich darker and crisper than butter. Different spreads, such as smooth, green olive oil, or spicy chile oil, can further enhance the flavor. Our ideal ratio: 1 tablespoon of fat total per sandwich, smeared or brushed on the outside of each slice.
Select a Cooking Method
You have three options for grilling your grilled cheese:
- Stovetop: Using a regular skillet is the most simple and convenient approach. Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat, then cook the assembled sandwich, uncovered.
flipping halfway through, until both sides are golden, about 3 to 4 minutes each. (Do not cover the pan with a lid; this will result in a mushy, slightly steamed sandwich.)
- Making grilled cheese for a crowd in the oven? Save time and effort by cooking sandwiches on a rimmed baking sheet in a 450-degree F oven. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the cheese is melted and the bread is brown.
- Panini Press: To achieve a maximum crispy sear with the least effort, prepare grilled cheese in a panini press. Preheat a panini press to medium heat, then set the sandwich in it, seal the top, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
How to Prepare Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer
Satisfying your grilled cheese need has now been even easier. To make a fuss-free, gorgeous golden grilled cheese, use your air fryer instead of the stovetop.
- Build your own grilled cheese. Choose your preferred bread, cheese, and fat (such as butter or mayonnaise), keeping in mind the appropriate ingredient ratio: 2 ounces of sliced melted cheese, 2 slices of bread, and 1 tablespoon of grease.
- Air-fry till golden brown. Place the grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer basket and cook at 375 degrees for 7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown. (Cook sandwiches one at a time unless your air fryer basket can hold multiple sandwiches in a single layer.)
- What is Oyster Sauce Made Of?
- What Is Cotija Cheese and How to Use It
- How Long Do Mushrooms Last in the Fridge
- What Time Does Taco Bell Stop Serving Breakfast?
What are the Grilled Cheese Recipes?
This upgraded dish combines everything you know and love about garlic bread and pizza to create an unforgettable sandwich.
To achieve a wonderful golden brown and crispy surface, we spread the bread with assertive garlic Parmesan butter. The inside consists of layers of melted mozzarella and pepperoni. You can try this awesome recipe:
- Deselect All
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 12 slices low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- Mash together the butter, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, and a touch of salt and pepper.
- On a work surface, arrange four slices of bread. Top each slice of bread with two slices of mozzarella, six slices of pepperoni, one more slice of mozzarella, and another slice of bread. Spread some of the herb butter onto each sandwich.
- Cook the sandwiches in batches in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until browned and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Season with salt.
Great right? Yeah! And there you have it -everything you need to know about making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich! We hope you’ve found this informative and inspiring.
However, it’s time to put your new knowledge to the test and make your own delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.
Just remember to experiment with different types of bread and cheese to find the combination that’s just right for you.
Once you find your perfect grilled cheese, don’t be afraid to share your recipe with others – after all, sharing is caring!