Have you ever wondered what the best Birria taco recipes are? Many people love Birria tacos, but one dilemma they face is not knowing what recipes to try. In this article, we have listed the best Birria taco recipes.
Traditionally, Birria is a flavorful blend of sweet, salty, and somewhat spicy beef stew that is incredibly rich and flavorful. Birria tacos are delicious because they pack that stew inside crunchy taco shells!
What are Birria Tacos?
Birria Tacos, also known as quesabirria tacos, involve pan-frying corn tortillas dipped in the fat covering the top of the Birria, which contains braised meat.
It is a meat stew or soup made with goat, cattle, lamb, mutton, or chicken. Before cooking in a broth, the beef marinates in an adobo consisting of vinegar, dried chiles, garlic, herbs, and spices (such as cumin, bay leaves, and thyme).
Birria Tacos represent a classic Mexican cuisine featuring tacos stuffed with Birria, a fiery and savoury stew made with meat, usually goat or beef.
The meat acquires a delicious and deep flavour from slow-cooking it with a variety of spices, including bay leaves, cumin, and cloves. Often, a side of consommé (broth) is provided with the tacos so that you can dip into it.
The Best Birria Tacos Recipes
Lovers of homemade meals or certain adventurous people would be wondering if Birria Tacos is one of the meals that can be prepared simply at home. Yes! It is.
So on that note, what are the best Birria Tacos recipes to try?
Here is one of the best Birria Tacos recipes if you want to try out homemade Birria.
- Chillies: Dried Ancho and Guajillo chillies with stems and seeds give Birria its distinct deep red colour and flavorful, complex aroma.
- Beef: You could use either bone-in short ribs or chuck roast alone, but the combination is superb. You can also use oxtail, if you have it, for the short ribs.
- Salt and pepper: To enhance the flavour, generously season the beef.
- Vegetable oil: aids in cooking without scorching the steak.
- Tomatoes contribute to the braising liquid’s foundation, add acidity, and enhance its flavour.
- Garlic and onion provide an earthy taste.
The foundation of the braising liquid is made of beef broth.
- Spices: Traditional Mexican seasonings include coriander, cumin, oregano, chilli powder, and cinnamon.
- Orange juice: gives the braising liquid some acidity and a hint of citrus.
- Apple cider vinegar: Gives the braising liquid more acidity.
- Tortillas: flour or cassava flour tortillas work well with Birria, but corn tortillas are preferable.
- Cheese: Monterey jack is one of the best kinds of cheese, but you can use any kind in this recipe.
- Cilantro: Brings a hint of brightness.
How To Find Birria Tacos Near Me
Many Mexican eateries serve great Birria tacos if you want them. You can look for local eateries that sell Birria tacos by using a search engine like Google. If you’re very daring, you can even attempt to prepare Birria tacos from scratch using a recipe.
But if you reside close to any of these locations below, then you’re sure to get the tasty Birria Tacos you’ve always wanted.
- 11449 Princeton Pike, Springdale
- El Guapo Catonsville, MD
- Jorge’s Taco Foodtruck, 3980 Erie Avenue, Madisonville.
- 3825 Edwards Road, Norwood
- 635 Madison Avenue, Covington
- 7125 Fountain View Drive, Liberty Township.
- DarMarrakech, 422 Edgware Road; London W21EG
- 36 Fountain Street, New Haven
- 3000 Whitney Avenue, Hamden
- 1061 Boston Post Road, Milton
- 121 Towne Street, Centerbrook
- 95 High Street, Enfield
- 5050 W.Esplanade Avenue C, Metairie
How Is Birria Eaten?
There are several ways to enjoy Birria. The first is called “consommé,” a stew or soup made with additional spices and dried chiles. The beef is shredded and served in the soup for that variation. The beef must be cooked until it is extremely soft for this reason.
Lime juice, salsa, and chopped onion and cilantro are served with the consommé. It’s a hit at holiday parties, weddings, and baptisms. In addition to its superb flavour, Brigada is well-known around the world for its capacity to aid in recuperation following a strenuous night of revelry.
Making tacos with the shredded meat from Birria is another way to enjoy it! Before adding the meat and serving it with onion, cilantro, salsa, and lime, you shred the meat, warm up the tortilla, and dip it in the soup.
What’s So Special About Birria Tacos?
Tacos prepared with “Birria,” a specific kind of Mexican stew, are an unusual and tasty kind of taco. Usually goat or beef, along with a blend of spices and chiles, go into making the stew. After cooking, the stew is usually served with cheese, lime, and soft tortillas.
Tacos made with brinda are renowned for their rich taste and hint of spiciness. Not only are they tasty, but eating them is entertaining and a little messy! Tacos made with Birria are incredibly special because of their rich flavour, gooey cheese, and tart lime.
You can make gluten-free Birria Tacos by using corn tacos. Short ribs and chuck roast are the two types of meat that go well with Brigada tacos. Guajillo and Ancho chiles are great dried peppers to use since they add a beautiful fruity and smokey flavour. You can use others, though.
Be advised that there will be a minor difference in flavour and spice levels. Usually, the spice or condiment aisles are where you may find these dried peppers. Lastly, since corn tortillas hold up well and have a great crunch, you can use those for your tacos.